Monday, November 10, 2014

Nov 10 - Lurin

Hello All,

I hope things are going well for you guys back in the US. Things are going great here. Its weird to think that next week I will be done with my training. They say that the mission changes really fast once you get your second companion, I guess we will see.

This week was awesome! We had another wedding and two more baptisms. It is crazy how many weddings we have here. When we are in the lessons and ask them if they are living together or married, and they say married me and my companion just look at each other like ahh. haha. We have another wedding coming up in December and probably more to come. I will keep you posted.

One thing that I have been focusing on this week is to try and thank the Lord in when anything good happens. We were in a training with the Mission President and one missionary asked how can we stay humble and still have confidence in ourselves. President thought for a minute and responded thank him for every single thing that happens. If anything makes God mad it is when we dont thank him for the things he gives us. This past week whenever anything happens, I thank Him for allowing me to be an instrument in his hands. This has been a great experience and I would recommend it to everyone!

Dad, to answer your question about the church here in Lurin. There is no official ward building in Lurin. (Interesting Fact, the house that we live in is located in Puente, Lurin and it is in the house of members. The father used to live in Lyman [Wyoming]. Small world haha.) We meet in a casa capilla (house chapel) in KM 40, which is next to Lurin. Our area covers all of the Lurin and it is huge! Lima is soo big. Another interesting thing is that our ward has about 500 inactive members! Wow. It is hard because a lot of people have to travel an hour to get to church every week. Also in our ward, we have us and another companionship. It is a little weird to literally be in a house but it is an awesome experience.

Mom, I have had pasta with green sauce haha. The food here is awesome and I can feel my self getting more and more out of shape haha. Typically cereal in the morning, rice with chicken in the afternoon, and crackers and bread for dinner. haha. Chicken Feet in our soup and who knows what else haha. Not exactly El Rocoto every day.

I love you guys so much and pray for you everyday. I hope that you will be able to continue to enjoy life and everything that it has to offer. Tell everyone I love them!

Much Love,
Elder Johnson






No comments:

Post a Comment