Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Nov 18 - Villa el Salvador

Hello All,

This week has been crazy CAMBIOS [Dad translation: changes, I think?]!

I have been transferred to Villa El Salvador (like 20 minutes away from Lurin). My new companion is Elder Izquierdo from Lima Peru. He told me that his house is like an hour away! crazy! He is awesome and I can`t wait to share the gospel with everyone here.

This past week me and Elder Paravicini were able to go to the temple and do baptisms for the dead with our recent converts. It was such an amazing experience. I can truly see the difference in them. That is the one thing that has been truly awesome here is the light of the gospel in these peoples lives. I love it!

Saying goodbye to the people in Lurin was soo hard. I was literally holding back tears.. The people here are soo awesome! I am so glad for the opportunity to serve the Lord here in Peru. The gospel is growing soo much and the work is definitely being hastened. I will never forget the people in Lurin and how special they are.

I know that this church is true, and is the true church of God here on the earth that was restored by Joseph Smith. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and contains the fullness of the gospel. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a true and living prophet to direct us on the straight path in these latter days. There is a scripture in Corinthians that is now my favorite. I can`t remember the reference specifically, (i think 1 Cor 15)[v. 8-10] but it goes something like this, (Apostle Paul)

´The Lord then appeared to me last. I was the least among them to be called an apostle because I persecuted the church. Nevertheless, by the grace of God, I am what I am. And the grace of God will not be wasted on me. I have worked harder then them all, but not me, but the grace of God which is in me. And so I preach..´

I want to be able to say that the grace of God was not wasted on me. I have made so many mistakes and sins, but by the grace of God, I am what I am, not because of me, but by the grace of God which is in me.

I love you guys soo much and there is not a day that goes by that I don`t pray for you all. CHRISTMAS! I cant wait to be able to have a skype call with you all. I am so grateful for all of the examples that you have given me and for all the blessings and help that you have given.

Much Love,

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment