Monday, October 12, 2015

Oct 12 - Ayacucho

Hello All,

This week has been great! I received the photos of a family that I was teaching in Villa el Salvador about 6 months ago that got married. They got married by law and then another got sealed in the temple. What a blessing!

This week we are working with a family of three. A single mom, Maria, and her two children Mijael and Juliana. Mijael suffers from esquizofrenia (schizophrenia in English) and so he has special needs. His mom and his sister have baptism dates and so we are focusing on how we can help them come to church all three together to progress towards baptism. Me and my companion spent the whole 3 hours trying to entertain and distract him to get him to stay. haha. It was definitely an adventure but we were successful and got him to stay the three hours in the church. What a miracle! haha

This next week is transfers and so we will see what will happen. It is pretty probable that I will stay in the area and receive a new companion. After this transfer I only have 5 left! It is really starting to dawn on me that the mission is coming to a close. I am going to do all I can to continue preaching and helping the people here with the gospel.

Ashley [Bayles--Mike's cousin] sent me a letter that I received recently that was great! Such a blessing to have such a supportive family. Tell them all that I love them!

I love you guys sooo much and a lot!

Elder Johnson








No comments:

Post a Comment