Monday, October 26, 2015

Oct 26 - Ayacucho

Hello All,

We are still working hard here in Ayacucho. It looks like I'm going to be here until January.. Climbing hills every single day it looks like I will be in shape for when soccer starts again haha. The rain here is really strong and unpredictable. It begins to pour and then it stops 5 minutes later. Really weird but I love it! It's awesome

This week has been a little tough! Being sick is hard enough, but when you are walking and visiting it is really hard. I don't what I ate but something didn't get along with my stomach haha. We were in an appointment and all of the sudden my stomach began to hurt. I couldn't focus at all and at the end of the lesson I told my companion that we had to return to our house because I didn't feel good. Not 5 minutes into the trip, I stopped and puked in the street! It was horrible! My shoes and pants were covered in throw up. Haha the sad thing is that it is the second time that it has happened in the mission haha. With the food here, one can't control yourself. The best part is all of the cars and people passing by looking shocked haha. At least now I am starting to feel a little better and recovering.

We found a new investigator this week named Susana. She uses a wheelchair and was taught by the missionaries a long time ago but never got baptized. We are going to try and help her take the steps to be baptized and make more covenants with God. She doesn't understand that much but she has all the desire to come to church and obey the commandments. It just goes to show that just because we are intelligent doesn't mean that we will be saved, All of Jesus apostles in the earth were recent converts haha. They didn't understand half of the things Jesus said but they were obedient and became great apostles. We all need to apply principles of God, not just talk about them.

I love you guys sooo much and a lot!!

Elder Johnson Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment