Monday, November 16, 2015

Nov 16 - Ayacucho

Hello All,

This week we have the baptism of Sister Susana!! We are planning me carrying her down into the font and my companion saying the baptism prayer or vice versa. It will be interesting to see how it goes, but we have faith that everything will be great!

Her faith is amazing! She has two kids who are both a little difficult to deal with. They are not willing to bring her all of the way down to church and so she does it herself. She tells us that her son helps her out of the house and she does the rest. She wheels herself to the street, takes a taxi, and then we help her get out of the church. It is so humbling the faith of the people down here. I will definitely apply all that I have learned when I get back to become more faithful and humble in everything I do.

We also found a new investigator named Ruth Mendoza. She is great as well. She doesn't have any religious background and so she is willing to accept new ideas such as the restoration. We were teaching her and then all of the sudden she said she wants to be baptized. It is so uplifting to find people like that. When I put myself in their shoes I don't think I would accept the message. If two young adults came to our house and tried to preach to us, I think that I wouldn't accept it. What a blessing that we have to be in the church!

Send greetings to everyone. I love you all sooo much! and a lot!!

Elder Johnson Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment