Monday, September 15, 2014

Sep 15 - Lurin

Hello All,

My allergies are starting to come back again, but hopefully I will be able to get them under control. Life here is realllly different, but I´m starting to get used to it. Also, I can´t play soccer on P-Day. It´s a mission rule because too many people were getting injured and it was too competitive. AWW!

My spanish is coming along, and at this point I can usually understand what is being said. Talking is still difficult, but I'm progressing and getting better. This week we have 14 investigators with baptism dates! Awesome! I truly believe that the Lord has prepared certain people to recieve the gospel. We have at least 8 baptisms for the 4th of October. I can´t wait for that experience.

The weather here in Peru is pretty much for the most part the same. It is always around 60 to 70 and cloudy. I´m glad that I packed my sweatshirt haha. It´s weird that we are heading into summer haha. In summer it is hotter, but for the most part its stays pretty moderate. That´s awesome about the church (parking lot expansion)! Being in a casa capilla (house chapel), it really makes me appreciate all of the chapels that we have close to our house.

The one thing that has really changed in the mission is my outlook on education. Before, I was thinking that I would just go to school maybe for a bachelors and then get a job. Here in Peru, a lot of the people struggle with just reading. It has really opened my eyes to how lucky we are to have the opportunities here in the US. When I get back I have an interest in getting more education than a bachelor´s and I will constantly be trying to learn. I will try and make the most out of the opportunities that I have. The mission has truly changed my attitude and outlook on life. It will help me with my education as well as give me a good work ethic.

That is all for this week. I love you guys so much and I will continue to pray for you all everyday. I truly believe that the Lord has blessed us both. May we continue to be worthy of his blessings.

Much Love,
Elder Johnson




No comments:

Post a Comment