Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Sep 8 - Lurin

Hello All,

This week has been awesome! We have been working and getting a lot accomplished. I truly see miracles in the mission field.

We have been having problems with our health (both me and my companion), so we have been in Central Lima for a couple of days getting checked out. Nothing too serious, so don´t worry :) Even though we took these couple days of nothing to little of proselyting, we still managed to make most of our goals. The Lord truly helped us out this week and I am so grateful for all the blessings that I have received.

We have 3 marriages and 11 investigators with a baptism date. All for October 4 and October 18. So Awesome! As we have been teaching I have really felt the spirit and know that it was not us who are giving them testimonies. Yes, we are teaching them, but the Spirit is the real teacher.

I love you guys so much, and I´m praying for you all as well. I truly know that we are both blessed from this experience. It has been hard, but I know that it will be a good experience. President Holland said: Every single blessing that I have in my life I can directly contribute to my mission. There isn´t a day that goes by, that I don´t think about it¨. We are here to bless other people, but as we serve we will also be blessed. In my binder of talks it says that missionary work is great. Missionaries are saving souls and bringing them closer to Christ and at the same time are saving their own souls and becoming more like Christ. That is awesome to think about!

Hope you guys will continue to be happy and healthy! I know that as you continue to serve and magnify your callings in church that you will be blessed. 

Much Love, 
Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment