Monday, September 1, 2014

Sep 1 - Lurin

Hello All,
 
I`m doing well! I have survived the first week! Now there are 7 down 97 more to go haha :)
 
That`s awesome that you used my quote. Except for soccer, haha I love it. I have been struggling a little bit so that definitely helped a lot. That talk was really good, and I`m sure everyone felt the spirit.
 
It`s crazy to think that everyone is now pretty much in their missions. I`m so glad that Matt made the decision to go. I know that he will be blessed for all of his work.
 
You survived your first week too! That`s awesome. Good luck with the bucket of cold ice, that sounds like fun.
 
Every week Granny sends me quotes. I really liked that one. Sometimes I don`t feel like getting up, but I know that this is just Satan. He will do everything he can to prevent us from saving more souls. 
 
This week has been crazy! It has definitely been a transition, but I think I`m starting to get the hang of it. The focus here is on families. We have been contacting families in the street and everywhere. Baptism is important, but we want families to make the goal to go to the temple and be sealed forever. This is our focus. 
 
This week I had my first contacts by myself. It was pretty hard, but I did it! I know that the Spirit was helping every step of the way.
 
We have been working with Dennis haha. He is preparing to get baptized next week. It will be my first baptism. I can´t wait to have much more. At the present moment, we have 7 investigators with baptism dates. Hopefully, they will continue to grow and prepare for these days. 
 
Also, had my first experiences with drunk people haha. So funny! They just started coming up and got right in my face. I can`t understand half the stuff normal people say, so I got absolutely nothing from these people haha. My trainer said that it is pretty common so I guess I`ll just get used to it. 
 
Sunday was not your typical Sunday. Here we have church in la casa capilla (House Chapel). It is literally a house, made into a chapel. It was interesting, but it is awesome to see how these people make something outta nothing. All of the houses here are like shacks, and I`m not even in the really poor parts of Peru. I`m so grateful for what everything that we have. I will definitely not take things for granted anymore.
 
As I said before, this week has been kinda hard. Sometimes I have been thinking I just wanna be home with you guys watching Survivor with both dogs on my lap! haha. But I know that this work is awesome and in 2 years I will be able to still have that moment :)
 
That`s awesome about Carsen and Lucas. I hope that they will continue to play well and do the best they can. It is a rule that we can`t play soccer in the mission, so we will see how my skills are in a couple years. They were having too many injuries and other things. Hopefully, I will be able to keep in shape.
 
Dad, how are you adjusting to your new position at work? I hope that it will be good for ya. Also, I would love to stay in touch with what is happening in the world of soccer! I love all of your updates.
 
I love you guys so much and am so grateful for everything that we have. We are truly so lucky to live where we do and have the things we have. I know that two years seems like a long time, but I`ll be back in no time ;) Hope you guys continue to do well and have a blast! Love you soo much!
 
Much Love,
Elder Johnson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment