Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Arrival in Peru!

Hello All,
 
Today has been a crazy week. We flew into Peru Lima at 10 PM. From there we went to the housing in the grounds on the Lima Temple. The temple is awesome! From there we got up at 3 AM, and went to a meeting with the mission president. His name is Presidente Douglas. He is from Sandy. Ì`m going to like him. He is great.
 
We then got assigned and my trainer is Elder Paravicini. He is from Bolivia and has been out in the mission field for 6 months. He is awesome! Hopefully, I will be able to learn a lot from him. We had our first district meeting and I could understand quite a bit. I was able to kinda follow everything they were saying. I will need to keep studying and improve everyday.
 
My first area is Lurìn. It is a pretty poor area. It is amazing to see how lucky we are to live in the U.S. The houses are like shacks, but all of the people are making the best with what they have. There are dogs everywhere! Literally everywhere. Also, they are huge! We can`t touch them because they have fleas, no matter how cute they are :) Also, the food is really good, we were able to have pizza our first night. It was awesome! Also, we had pollo con papas fritas. The french fries here are way better! :) The food is awesome. Our first lessons are tonight. I hope that I will be able to use the spirit and be able to help teach the lesson.
 
Tell Matt [Hansen] good luck from me. It will be an awesome experience for him. He will learn so much and gain so many things. I am so happy for everyone that is going. It is hard, but just like the MTC it sucks and first, but it will get better.
 
I`m so grateful for the opportunity that I have to continue in the mission. It has already changed me for the better, and I know that it will change my life.
 
I will now have P Days on Monday. This week is just different because we had transfers. Dad, I hope that your new position at work is good for you. Tell the dogs I said hi. :) Hopefully it will be a new challenge and will help you grow. Mom, good luck with school.
 
Hope all is well and you will keep enjoying life! I pray for you guys everyday and I know that the Lord will bless you. Good luck with your 5th Sunday lesson Mom!
 
Love,
Elder Johnson
 

No comments:

Post a Comment