Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Mexico MTC Week 4

Hello All,
 
[We updated him with player signings and our trip to the last RSL game]. That´s crazy that RSL signed Sebastian. I remember playing against him all the time in indoor and at ODP. It just goes to show that it really is possible to make it to the pros. Hopefully RSL can start to actually win some games instead of tie them all haha. It sounds like they were pretty dominant over DC though. Hopefully they continue to do well.
 
[Concerning updates of his friends playing college soccer] I have emailed Carsen and he said that they have started to hit conditioning pretty hard right now. He is really enjoying playing college soccer and getting used to the college lifestyle. He said it was definitely and adjustment, but it is getting better. I haven´t been able to talk to Landen or Lucas, but hopefully they are doing well.
 
That´s awesome that there have been so many farewells. Nate Spencer from ODP left for Lima on Monday and Joe Wheelwright (ODP) came last week. Our districts have been playing each other and it is a blast. Hopefully Matt will get a companion that enjoys playing at gym time. I´m lucky because my whole district goes to the gym for about a half hour and then plays soccer the rest of the time. I feel almost in better shape now then I was in the summer. Tell all the missionaries good luck from me. The first week was pretty bad, but after that time flies!
 
 
Hopefully you are still able to do your [Jen's school] classroom without me :) ha ha I´m sure its going great. Its crazy to think that the school year is starting in a couple of weeks. Don´t have to worry about that haha.
 
For [Jen's] Sunday lesson [that she is preparing for], this Sunday at the CCM we watched a devotional from David A. Bednar. It was one of the best talks that I have ever listened to. I think it is called the ¨Characteristics of Christ¨. He gave it at the Provo MTC on Christmas in some year. In there it focuses on how we can become more like Christ. It also shared that a testimony is not enough. Some returned missionaries have gone inactive after their missions. He explained that it is because they just had a testimony. A testimony is simply not enough. We have to become CONVERTED. Once we are converted, it leads to ACTION. Therefore, you will have the desire to WANT to help others when you are converted. As you are converted you can´t help becoming more like Christ (the best missionary the world has and will ever see.) There is more to the talk, so I really suggest that you look it up.
 
Here at the MTC, I haven´t really spent any money. They gave us a card with 100 pesos on it every week. So, for the most part I don´t have to use my express card for everything. Here at the Tienda (shop). Everything is pretty cheap. My allergies got a lot better with the pills, but now that I ran out they are starting to return again. I´m probably going to go back to the doctor sometime today to ask what else can be done. It is really hard, but I asked for a blessing a couple weeks ago, and the biggest peace came over me. I knew that no matter what happened, God has my back and he knows what I´m going through. As long as I keep true to him, I will be blessed.
 
Other than the allergies, it has been an awesome experience. Me, Elder Baum, and Elder Roberts have decided that we are going to get an apartment and go down to BYU Provo when we get back. We have already got a plan and everything haha, It has been a great week with spiritual experiences and funny moments. 
 
Everything is good here and I can´t wait to start serving. I hope that you guys are all doing well and continue to be blessed.
 
Much love,
Elder Johnson
 
For our service projects we pick up dirty laundry. In the picture you can´t see me because I´m covered in sheets in the back haha. The guy that we go with is Big Papi. He is awesome!!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment