Sunday, August 24, 2014

Preparing for Peru

Hello All,
 
I am emailing today because I will not have another P day here at the MTC. This is finally it. We leave on Monday to Peru! I am so excited and ready to move on with my mission. It has been hard work, but I know that it will only get harder haha. I am ready! 
 
We leave on Monday at 3:00PM, so we will get there at about 9 or so. I don´t know when my p day will be in the field, but my next email to you will be in Lima!
 
I´m so grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve the Lord. I have been thinking the last couple weeks about my decision to go on a mission. Sometimes it is hard to be away, but I am so glad that I made the decision to go. Already it has changed me and allowed me to become more like Christ and I´ve only been here for six weeks! Being away from everyone and technology lets you find out who you really are. Even though I had to sacrifice a lot, I have already seen the blessings that have come as a result of the mission.  As a district leader, I have learned the importance of loving everyone. No matter what happens :)
 
We have talked a lot about why God would allow 18 and 20 year olds to preach HIS gospel to the whole world. If God really wanted to he could do all of this missionary work by himself. The mission is about serving other people, but it also gives us the opportunity to become more like Christ. It allows us to become instruments in his hands.
 
Sé que esta Iglesia es verdadera. Sé que Jose Smith fue un profeta de Dios, llamado a restaurar su Evangelio y El Libro de Mormón es las palabras de Dios. No importa que pasa in esta vida, lo importante es que nosotros llegar a ser mejorar. Todos tenemos problemas or desafíos, pero con el Evangelio todas las cosas es posible. Dios nos ama y quiere que nosotros llegar a ser como Jesucristo, y regresar Sirvo un misional porque amo Dios. Cualquiere persona que tiene duda sobre un misional, hay no mejor cosa que hacerlo. Yo comparto estas cosas en el nombre de Jesucristo, nuestro Salvador, Amen.
 
Love, 
Elder Johnson
MTC District with Instructor Hugo

MTC District with Instructor Raquisha

 

No comments:

Post a Comment