Monday, January 19, 2015

Jan 19 - Villa el Salvador

Hello All,

This week has been a week full of funny experiences. Man, there sure are some crazy people here! haha

For example, yesterday we had a lesson with a less active. He has been baptized for about 20 years and has become inactive. We started the lesson off well and then it turned into him giving us a history lesson. Why do we attend church? He responds about how he studies a lot and how going to church is dangerous and he could die on the way. Also, he let me know that he knows English and started to give me a history of Jorge Washington (George Washington haha). I had to bite my tongue during the lesson to not just start laughing. Good times! haha. Another experience was also one person who insisted that Apostasy (like the great apostasy) was an apostle. ..... Gotta love it haha never gets old :)

We have been working hard in Villa el Salvador and doing really well. We have 2 baptisms ready for the 31st and another for the 7th. We will also help some people organize a wedding so that they can be baptized. Lots and lots of work to be done. :)

I haven't received any packages as of late, but we will see if i get any tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

I love you guys so much and hope that you are all doing well. I have been in the mission for 7 months now! Crazy. It will be weird when I'm not the newbie anymore but the veteran. Transfers are Feb. 9 and I hope that I will be able to stay here in Villa but more than likely I will be leaving. We will just have to see. I'll keep you guys posted. :)

Much Love,

Elder Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment