Monday, January 5, 2015

Jan 5 - Villa el Salvador

Hello All,

This week has been crazy and awesome! Me and my new companion are ready to work in this area and bring to pass the work of salvation.

I have been thinking about why missionary is so hard. As a zone we watched a video about the Atonement and Missionary Work. The answer is that salvation was never easy. It is not just some game, we are talking about our personal salvation. If it wasnt easy for Jesus, why would it be easy for us. This video has completely changed my outlook on life and missionary work.

With the new transfers guess who is my district leader.... Elder Paravicini (My trainer!). We are going to go on a interchange this next week and it will be so weird to be teaching with him again. Father and son united again haha.

I'm so grateful for this mission. It has shaped me and made me the person who I am now. I now have such a different outlook on everything. If I cant play soccer after the mission so be it. There are things that are more important than soccer. Before that was all that I wanted to do, but now I want to get as much education that I can and be able to provide for my own family. Also, a goal to make a lot of money so I will be able to flip houses with you mom when you retire :)

I love you guys so much and there is not a day that goes by that I dont think about you guys. The basement looks awesome! It will be so interesting to see how many things change when I get back haha. Keep doing well and continuing in the gospel. I know that you guys will be able to continually feel the love that God has for you. I love you soo much and a lot ;)

Much Love,
Elder Johnson



John and Patty with Elder Paravincini

Another convert family with Elder Paravincini


With Elder Rosado





Mike's Christmas present

No comments:

Post a Comment