Monday, July 20, 2015

Jul 20 - Chincha

Hello All,

This week was awesome! We had the baptism of Sebastian and it was such a great experience! We were able to baptize him on Saturday, reactivate his mom and sister on Sunday, and now this coming Saturday we are going to baptize his other brother. Putting together families is such a blessing and I love the focus of the mission now. The goal is not to baptize people, it is to retain them in the temple. 89 percent of converts that go to the temple stay active. Quoting Pres Hinckley, what does it profer a missionary to baptize the whole world, if they don't stay active. We can baptize everyone but if they are not active members it doesn't mean anything. We sure do have a great responsibility.

[We sent a picture of the new floor in the kitchen] The kitchen looks amazing! I can't wait until I come home to see all of the changes and improvements that you have made. It will really seem like a different house, as well as Granny's apartment. I can't wait!! :)

[We sent some pictures from Dennis' 50-mile hike] That scenery in the hike looked awesome! The trailheads up at Steiner really are amazing. It takes me back to the days when I went up to Scout Camp and everything. The last year I did it I didn't want to do the canoeing but we did it anyway. Just as it was time to swamp the canoe (Sink it on purpose), THOR [the lightning warning system] went off and we had to return back to the shore. What a blessing! :)

I love you guys soo much and hope that you are all doing well and receiving all of the blessings of God. I can't wait to be able to be back with you guys but until then, I will keep working diligently and do everything I can to make you guys proud!

Love you soo much and a lot!!

Elder Johnson










No comments:

Post a Comment