Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Dec 1 - Ayacucho

Hello All,

This week I didn't have any transfers and it looks like I'm going to be here in Ayacucho for 6 months! The area is beautiful but at the same time it is really hard because there are many catholic traditions and people are willing to listen to us, but don't have the desire to change, despite the fact that they understand the restoration. It is really frustrating, but being able to work with such humble people sure is a blessing.

That is great that you were able to get together with Grandma and Grandpa. Send my love to them and I hope that they are continually doing good and enjoying the company of all the family. It is crazy to see how the cousins are growing up and changing. It will be weird to return back and everyone is preparing to go on missions and college and everything. Thanksgiving here is.... nothing. haha. I actually forgot that Thursday was thanksgiving until my companion said something about it. I didn't even get turkey or a chance to beat my record on rolls! haha. I guess we will just have to wait until next year :)

We are now working with Juan and Jose now. (the children of Susana who got baptized two weeks ago). They have a lot of potential and we hope that they will be able to progress towards a baptism. They don't have a date yet, but I will let you know when they come around!

My new companion is named Elder Chira. He is from Piura which is in the north part of Peru. He is awesome and we are excited to work together to see miracles in our area.

I love you guys sooo much and hope that everything is good.

Love you guys!

Elder Johnson










No comments:

Post a Comment