Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Mar 24 - Chincha

Hello All,

This week we had CAMBIOS! and I got transferred and left my área after having 4 and a half months there. Leaving was so difficult, but I am excited to be able to meet more people and help this new área that I have. I am now, like Veronika said, in Chincha. It is my first time outside of Lima. The misión has 6 zones in Lima and 6 in the South. I was in Lurín 1, Pachacamac, El Sol 2, Villa El Salvador and now Pueblo Nuevo 1, Chincha. Here it is soo hot. I thought Villa was hot but here in the south it is scorching. Now I have to wear sunscreen every day or I will be fried to a crisp. haha.  My new companion is named Elder Lalinde and he is from Colombia and he is awesome!!! We are excited to work hard and help this área explode!

This past week we had the baptism of Mariana, and she is progressing soo much. She has already expressed to us the desire that she has to serve a misión to be able to help other people who don't have the góspel. It is amazing the power that the góspel has to change lives. It has been such a testimony builder to see her progress and change into a better person. Amazing!

I am continually see the góspel bless the lives of people everyday. I am so grateful for this time that I have to be able to particpate in this work. 9 months down and 15 to go! I still cant believe how fast the misión is going. It seems like just yesterday i was in the MTC haha.

I hope you guys continue to progress and do well. The dogs look great and I'm sure you guys do too. haha Love you soo much and alot!!

Funny story, apparently there is a popular song here that is called Gringo Mike. haha and so the nicknames just keep piling up. :) Elder Johnson Baby, Gringo Mike who knows whats next? haha. I guess we will have to wait to find out :)

Gringo Mike









1 comment: