Monday, June 22, 2015

Jun 22 - Chincha

Hello All,

This week has been great! If we work really hard my comp and I have the potential to have a baptism every single Saturday in July! I know that we will be able to do it if we just have faith and we do all that we can. Pray for us! :) About Elder Johnson [Sara met a recently returned missionary from Mike's mission], yes I was able to meet him. I didn't talk to him that much but he seemed like a good guy. At immigrations to receive my ID here in Peru, they gave me his passport instead of mine own. We had to rush back to the mission office and retrieve my passport to be able to receive my ID! However, now I'm the one and only Elder Johnson here in the mish haha

This Sunday we were able to watch the transmission of the dedication of the Trujillo Peru Temple. President Uchtdorf and David A Bednar were there among others participating in the proceedings. It was weird because when the hispanic leaders got up to speak the transmission was in English. haha I still don't know why it was like that, but all of the members got kinda bored during that part not being able to understand a thing! I know that maybe they couldn't understand all that was being said but they could definitely feel the spirit and will never forget that moment in their lives.

Next week Pres. McGinn will have arrived in Peru as our new mission president! We have a multizone meeting this Wednesday which will be like the goodbye for Pres Douglas. He has been such an amazing help to this mission and I know that he will be so blessed for his service. It will be sad to say goodbye to him but I know that Pres. McGinn is called by God to be in the mission at this time and that he will magnify his calling and help us continue to grow. Also, allowing us to play soccer wouldn't hurt ;) haha.

This week I am excited to continue working hard and enjoying the mission. This area in Chincha is awesome and it will definitely be hard to leave. I will try and make the most of my time here. I hope that you guys will continue to do well and continuing forward. Keep close to God and he will continue to bless all of you guys. Tell the dogs I love them! haha I hope they will still be around for when I get back. Tell Grandpa that I love him and pray for him everyday.

Love you guys soo much and a lot!!

Gringo Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment