Monday, June 29, 2015

Jun 29 - Chincha

Hello All,

[We told him about our recent Bear Lake trip] That is great that you were able to keep the tradition of Bear Lake even though Grandma and Grandpa couldn't go. I remember when we went to the caves a looong time ago. It looks like you all had fun and enjoyed yourself. I hope that you saved a banana cream pie shake from La Beaus for me haha. :)

This week we are still working with a group of families. We have a young man who is named Cesar. His mom is a returned missionary and decided to marry a non member. We have to hold the lessons in the house of a member of the ward. It just goes to show how important the decisions that we make are. However, despite all of the struggles that they have had they are still progressing towards baptism. We will have their baptism on the 11th. We also have another family where we are going to reactivate their mom and baptize their two kids. Their baptism is on the 18th. Such a blessing to be able to participate in this work.

Today, Peru is playing against Chile. We have been warned and told that we have to be in our room an hour early to avoid all of the parties and things that are going to happen, especially if Peru loses. haha It is crazy how crazy the people here are for soccer. I really do miss soccer so much and wish that I could show them that gringos know how to play haha. I have my fingers crossed that the new mission president will allow us to play. Pray for us here in the mission ;) haha President Douglas ended today and now we are in the reign of Pres McGinn. It will be interesting how many things will change.

I love you guys so much and hope that you continue to enjoy life there being with all of the family. Tell all of the cousins that I love them and that they are in my prayers always. I know that you will continue to do well and be an example for all of the family and everyone that has contact with you.

Love you sooo much and a lot!

Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment