Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Jun 16 - Chincha

Hello All,

This week has been great! This week we had transfers, and..... I'm staying here in the same area in Chincha and I received my new companion Elder Vera. He is from Ecuador and has about 5 months in the mission. It is so weird to be one of the missionaries in the zone with the most experience. I will try and be able to show all these newbies haha how to do it. :) Naah, but I am so excited to be able to learn from my new companion and improve personally as a missionary as well as a person.

We are continuing to work with families and we are trying to be able to go to the temple this saturday. And then on Sunday we are going to be able to watch the [Trujillo Peru Temple] dedication by satellite transmission at our stake center. I can't wait to be able to see this dedication and to be able to be in the temple. We take for granted so many times for the opportunity that we have to go to the temple. As Ezequiel 37 refers, one of the signs of the true church of God is the appropriate use of temples. I know that only our church uses temples the way they should be used.

My allergies have been pretty hard but now I have just accepted that it is something that I will have to deal with. I was reading in the bible where it says that we should take our cross and follow him. I had been complaining about my eyes but now I will just get down to work and try to do everything that I can to be able to focus on my calling as a missionary. I am so grateful for this time that I have been able to have to be here in the mission and I have already grown so much.

I love you guys so much and hope that you continue to do well and enjoy your time. I can't wait to watch [Food Network tv personality] Alton Brown, eating little caesars [pizza], lounging on the couch with the family and the dogs. hahah.
Until then, I will try to keep working and being a servant to the Lord.

Love you sooo much and a lot,

Elder Johnson




No comments:

Post a Comment